Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Surveylion

One of my little online earning experiments was to try to make some money doing surveys.  The #1 reason I wanted to try this is that I actually love some types of surveys.  I love it when you are given the opportunity to preview a print ad, commercial, television episodes, new products, etc. and give your opinion.  I want my opinion to matter because after all, I am a consumer and I want there to be good quality products available for my family and have a say in that.  In the past, I have participated in panels for free, so for me to possibly make some money at this is a bonus.

Let me say that when it comes to taking surveys online, there are more scams that legitimate companies and you need to be very careful.  Also, many companies only accept American participants, so as a Canadian, I had to do some research before I selected the three companies I decided to sign up with.  Most importantly, NEVER PAY TO SIGN UP WITH A SURVEY COMPANY!  I cannot say whether the sites that require you to pay make you money or not because I have never and will never sign up with them.  Many sites out there will try to get you to pay them with promises of large earning cheques in your future.  Never do this!  The survey company should be making their money off the marketers and companies that come to them for help with gathering helpful research, not from survey participants.

I decided not to include any of my survey earnings in my monthly totals until I had the money in my hands because I really wanted to be sure that they were legitimate companies before I recommended them here.

The first such company for me to receive a payout from and also the one I have enjoyed the most because their surveys have been a lot of fun and the easiest by far to complete is called Surveylion.  They accept Canadians (actually I think they may even be a Canadian company) and they do not have a minimum payout.  The two other companies each have a minimum payout that you need to reach before you can request payment, but with Surveylion, you can request your payment whenever you wish.  You can imagine my delight when this cheque came in the mail for me!


$9!!!  This was for completing 3 surveys, each of which took around 15 minutes to complete.  Not bad really!  Being paid $12 an hour for something you can do at home once your kids are in bed is definitely worth it, however, the truth is, there is not even an hour's worth of work to do each month from this site as they only e-mail survey opportunities once in a while and you may not qualify for all surveys.  Overall though, a pretty good addition to my online earnings.  I already have another $6 in my account there, but will wait until closer to the end of the month to request a cheque mailed in case it increases again.

If you would like an invitation to join Surveylion's consumer panel, e-mail me at oursevenblessings@gmail.com.

I will do a review of the other 2 survey companies I am with when I get my first payment from each of them in order to ensure that they are legitimate companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment