Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 2010 Online Earnings

To recap for those who are newly following my blog or those who don't remember, in September, I began writing online and my grand total earnings for that month was a whopping 25 cents!  Yes, one whole shiny quarter was what I had to show for my 19 articles, but I was not deterred!  In October, I earned 81 cents more.  November was the month that I decided as an experiment to see if I could really make some actual money with this online writing thing and began an experiment in learning how to achieve this.  My total earnings in November was $8.12.  I was so happy to be able to have a dollar sign in the total amount!  November was a month where I was learning about SEO (search engine optimization), monetizing through ads, and branching out.  I was optimistic that December would be an even better month for earnings, though a more difficult one to find time for writing with my husband away for part of the month, 2 of my kids having birthdays, and of course, Christmas!

RedGage, a site I had discovered in October, turned out to be my biggest earner.  I like the community over there and was able to get another picture chosen for a feature as well as having a blog I wrote featured.  When something is chosen as a feature on RedGage, you receive a bonus as well as getting paid for views, so that is where the real earning potential is.  The big earner though was winning one of their daily contests, which pays TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!

A few days ago, I also started writing on Triond, which allows me to first publish my articles there and then I can publish some or all of the same articles on Bukisa and put links to those articles on RedGage.  I am finally starting to figure this online writing thing out!  It is too early to say whether Triond will be worth it or not as my articles were just published in the past two days, so tune in for the January earnings summary and we'll see how that goes.

My December totals are as follows:

RedGage         $33.22
Bukisa             $3.41
Surveys           $9.00
Triond             $0.02

December 2010 total:   $45.65

Considering that I started just four months earlier making 25 cents a month, I would say that $45 is heading in the right direction.  I can say that I expect January's earnings to be considerably higher.  With 2011, I plan to put this online earning experiment in high gear and I will share with you what I learn.

(My next post will be about Surveyl*** and some other similar sites I have tried.)

1 comment:

  1. Great job Sharla!

    Compared to the last few months, sounds like this month was a lot profitable for you! I'm glad to see you making progress. :)

    I use RedGage as well, though I haven't been active on it (the return for me was too poor for me to bother with it). But, then again, I had no idea that they had bonuses! I might actually give it a shot again later on in the future. :)

    I'm also a member of Triond, though I've only earned about $0.11 with them so far for the month I've been writing for them (I only managed to publish one article, since I was pretty tied up during Christmas), but it looks like they have potential.

    Thanks for sharing your earning stats with us, and I hope you have a very wonderful year ahead!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete