Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 2011 Writing Goals

I am learning the effectiveness of making goals public.  The risk of public humiliation (okay not quite, but you get the idea!) is very motivating!

I have discovered this by writing a series of articles following my progress on my 2011 goal of de-cluttering my house.  Making these public has kept me on track even on days when I don't FEEL like doing the work I need to do to accomplish my goal.

Having said that, I am going to translate that into another area and make my writing goal for this month public as well.  Just a few days before the New Year started, I started writing articles on Triond.  I am experimenting with this online writing thing and want to see how Triond fares compared to some of the other article writing sites.  To that end, I need to write enough articles to get a true picture, so my goal for January is to write 100 articles on Triond.

I have this geeky little chart where I fill in a square every time one of the articles I submit is accepted for publication.  I took this picture of it a few days ago and have filled in another 9 or so squares since then.


I am almost on track for completing my 100 articles and I think I can push myself to get this done, especially now that I have to be accountable for my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment