Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Update

Here are a few samples from the cover shoot done for the book:




The layout is being formatted and I should have a few options to choose from by next week.  It is very exciting!!!

The book is finished.  I was planning to put it up on Kindle myself as well as a few other places, but have decided instead to send it to one publisher who is a long shot and to enter it into a contest with the winner being announced in August.  If by September, there is no good news on either of those fronts, I am going to decide on one of the co-publishing/self-publishing type of contracts I have been offered and go with that.  A traditional publishing contract is unlikely without a lot of hours of trying to get my foot in a door which is closing more by the day for all novelists.  As I just don't have hours to devote to that, I have decided to go the co-publishing/self-publishing route (unless of course I win this contest or a traditional publishing contract falls out of the sky)!

I will be mailing my contest entry this weekend, so wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment